Double Hung Wood Windows
Any Size, Any Shape, Any Species
Wood Window Workshop manufactures 100% custom wood windows and doors. From turn-of-the century, traditional designs to historic reproductions, Wood Window Workshop's custom double hung wood windows are made to exacting standards in keeping with the precise requirements of your project.
Our traditional double hung windows offer the following features:
- True and accurate historic reproduction to match existing windows with or without energy performance enhancements.
- Available in a variety of wood species including South American Mahogany, Spanish Cedar, Sapele, White Oak, Eastern White Pine and other exotic species upon request.
- Bronze or zinc interlocking metal weatherstripping. Q-Lon or silicone weatherseals.
- Weight and pulley counterbalance with chain or rope.
- Optional Block and tackle "Invisible Balance" used in historic reproduction where the counterbalancing hardware is out of sight.
- Mouth Blown Restoration Glass, Turn-of-the-Century wavy glass, modern annealed glass, high performance insulated glass and sound attenuating glass.
- True divided lights with narrow muntins and profiles to match existing for insulated and single glazing.
- Simulated divided lights with applied wood muntins and internal aluminum spacer.
- Solid brass, bronze, or stainless steel hardware.
- Wood Storms and Screens.
- Concealed Roll Up Screens.
- Primers, paints and clear finishes available.
For more information on any of the following items, click linked text or image below.
Tradtional Double Hung Windows
Custom Wood Windows- Historic Reproductions, Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Century Custom Wood Window, Traditional Design
Custom Double Hung Window in Mahogany, True Divided Lights, Weight and Pulley Counterbalance, Bronze Weatherstripping, Brass Hardware. If properly maintained this window will last 100 years or more!
Davies Mansion, Yale University
New Haven, Connecticut
Historic Reproduction of Custom Wood Windows and Doors for Yale University
Built by a wealthy industrialist, this 19,000 square foot Victorian building is now home to the university's adminstrative offices.
Carpenter Gothic Wood Windows
Hudson Valley, New York
Carpenter Gothic Custom Wood Windows, Historic Replicas, Gothic Arch Windows, Gothic Windows
Originally a nondescript home overlooking the Hudson River, this building was redesigned and transformed into a Carpenter Gothic cottage by Architect Jeff Wilkinson.